Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this title, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Liquefied natural gas”, sometimes referred to as “LNG”, and “liquefied petroleum gas”, sometimes referred to as “LPG”, are gas cooled to its liquid state provided, however, the provisions of this act 1 shall not be deemed to apply to liquefied petroleum gas in the form of butane, bottled gas, propane, propylene or butylene when used, stored or transported at their respective normal temperatures, are not subject to this act.
2. “Liquefied natural or petroleum gas facility” means any structure or facility which is used for the storage or confinement of liquefied natural or petroleum gas, or for the conversion of liquefied natural or petroleum gas into natural gas. The former shall be designated as a “liquefied natural or petroleum gas storage facility”; the latter as a “liquefied natural or petroleum gas conversion facility”.
3. “Liquefied natural or petroleum gas transportation activity” means the loading, unloading, or transportation, by whatever means, of liquefied natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas.
4. “Natural gas” means natural or petroleum gas in a non-liquid or gaseous state, whether under pressure or otherwise, and whether or not the product of conversion from liquefied natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas. The storage and transportation of natural gas, whether under pressure or not, and which take place at normal temperatures, are not subject to this act.
5. “Non-conforming facility” means a liquefied natural or petroleum gas facility in actual use and operation on September first, nineteen hundred seventy-six which is exempted from the requirements of section 23-1707 but is subject to the requirements of section 23-1719.
6. “Person” means any individual, corporation, partnership, association, cooperative or otherwise, trust or estate, governmental agency, authority, public benefit corporation, municipality or agency thereof, board or commission, or other public or private legal entity.
7. “Permit” means an environmental safety permit issued by the department pursuant to this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Environmental Conservation Law - ENV § 23-1705. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/environmental-conservation-law/env-sect-23-1705.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?