New York Consolidated Laws, Criminal Procedure Law - CPL § 190.60 Grand jury; action to be taken
Search New York Codes
After hearing and examining evidence as prescribed in section 190.55 , a grand jury may:
1. Indict a person for an offense, as provided in section 190.65 ;
2. Direct the district attorney to file a prosecutor's information with a local criminal court, as provided in section 190.70 ;
3. Direct the district attorney to file a request for removal to the family court, as provided in section 190.71 of this article.
4. Dismiss the charge before it, as provided in section 190.75 ;
5. Submit a grand jury report, as provided in section 190.85 .
Read this complete New York Consolidated Laws, Criminal Procedure Law - CPL § 190.60 Grand jury; action to be taken on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.