The following conditions and limitations apply to all electronic appearances:
1. The defendant may not enter a plea of guilty to, or be sentenced upon a conviction of, a felony.
2. The defendant may not enter a plea of not responsible by reason of mental disease or defect.
3. The defendant may not be committed to the state department of mental hygiene pursuant to article seven hundred thirty of this chapter.
4. The defendant may not enter a plea of guilty to a misdemeanor conditioned upon a promise of incarceration unless such incarceration will be imposed only in the event that the defendant fails to comply with a term or condition imposed under the original sentence.
5. A defendant who has been convicted of a misdemeanor may not be sentenced to a period of incarceration which exceeds the time the defendant has already served when sentence is imposed.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.