New York Consolidated Laws, Civil Service Law - CVS
This is FindLaw's hosted version of New York Consolidated Laws, Civil Service Law. Use this page to navigate to all sections within Civil Service Law. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search New York Codes
- Article I. Short Title; Definitions
- Article II. Civil Service Administration
- Article III. Jurisdictional Classification
- Article IV. Recruitment of Personnel
- Article V. Personnel Changes
- Article VI. Special Rights for Veterans and Exempt Volunteer Firemen
- Article VII. Enforcement; Prohibitions; Penalties
- Article VIII. Classification and Compensation of State Employees
- Article IX. Merit Awards for State Employees
- Article X. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Article XI. Health Benefits for State and Retired State Employees
- Article XI-A. Long Term Care Insurance for State and Retired State Employees
- Article XI-B. Medical Examination of Public Protection Officials to Detect and Identify the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Article XII. Laws Repealed; When to Take Effect
- Article XIII. Saving Clause; Construction; Separability
- Article 14. Public Employees' Fair Employment Act
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.