The person in charge of any garage or repair shop to which is brought any motor vehicle which shows evidence of having been involved in a crash and which is repaired in that garage or repair shop shall maintain for 2 years a record of those repairs including the:
1. Registration number of the vehicle;
2. Vehicle identification number;
3. Color of the vehicle before the repairs;
4. Location on the vehicle of the damage repaired;
5. Total amount of the damage; and
6. Name and address of the person who requested the repairs.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.