Nevada Revised Statutes Title 40. Public Health and Safety § 442.003. Definitions
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
1. “Advisory Board” means the Advisory Board on Maternal and Child Health.
2. “Department” means the Department of Health and Human Services.
3. “Director” means the Director of the Department.
4. “Division” means the Division of Public and Behavioral Health of the Department.
5. “Fetal alcohol syndrome” includes fetal alcohol effects.
6. “Laboratory” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 652.040.
7. “Obstetric center” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 449.0155.
8. “Provider of health care or other services” means:
(a) A clinical alcohol and drug counselor who is licensed, or an alcohol and drug counselor who is licensed or certified, pursuant to chapter 641C of NRS;
(b) A physician or a physician assistant who is licensed pursuant to chapter 630 or 633 of NRS and who practices in the area of obstetrics and gynecology, family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics or psychiatry;
(c) A licensed nurse;
(d) A licensed psychologist;
(e) A licensed marriage and family therapist;
(f) A licensed clinical professional counselor;
(g) A licensed social worker;
(h) A licensed dietitian; or
(i) The holder of a certificate of registration as a pharmacist.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 40. Public Health and Safety § 442.003. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-40-public-health-and-safety/nv-rev-st-442-003.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?