Nevada Revised Statutes Title 38. Public Welfare § 422.273. Establishment, development and implementation of Medicaid managed care program
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. For any Medicaid managed care program established in the State of Nevada, the Department shall contract only with a health maintenance organization that has:
(a) Negotiated in good faith with a federally-qualified health center to provide health care services for the health maintenance organization;
(b) Negotiated in good faith with the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada to provide inpatient and ambulatory services to recipients of Medicaid; and
(c) Negotiated in good faith with the University of Nevada School of Medicine to provide health care services to recipients of Medicaid.
Nothing in this section shall be construed as exempting a federally-qualified health center, the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada or the University of Nevada School of Medicine from the requirements for contracting with the health maintenance organization.
2. During the development and implementation of any Medicaid managed care program, the Department shall cooperate with the University of Nevada School of Medicine by assisting in the provision of an adequate and diverse group of patients upon which the school may base its educational programs.
3. The University of Nevada School of Medicine may establish a nonprofit organization to assist in any research necessary for the development of a Medicaid managed care program, receive and accept gifts, grants and donations to support such a program and assist in establishing educational services about the program for recipients of Medicaid.
4. For the purpose of contracting with a Medicaid managed care program pursuant to this section, a health maintenance organization is exempt from the provisions of NRS 695C.123.
5. The provisions of this section apply to any managed care organization, including a health maintenance organization, that provides health care services to recipients of Medicaid under the State Plan for Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program pursuant to a contract with the Division. Such a managed care organization or health maintenance organization is not required to establish a system for conducting external reviews of adverse determinations in accordance with chapter 695B, 695C or 695G of NRS. This subsection does not exempt such a managed care organization or health maintenance organization for services provided pursuant to any other contract.
6. As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) “Federally-qualified health center” has the meaning ascribed to it in 42 U.S.C. § 1396d(l)(2)(B).
(b) “Health maintenance organization” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 695C.030.
(c) “Managed care organization” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 695G.050.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 38. Public Welfare § 422.273. Establishment, development and implementation of Medicaid managed care program - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-38-public-welfare/nv-rev-st-422-273.html
Was this helpful?