Nevada Revised Statutes Title 37. Veterans; Privileges, Benefits and Recognition Related to Military Service § 417.320. Creation; appointment of members; Chair; terms; vacancies; meetings; quorum; compensation; administrative support
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The Women Veterans Advisory Committee is hereby created consisting of five members appointed by the Governor, at least three of whom must be women, and all of whom must be former members of the Armed Forces of the United States, including, without limitation, the Nevada Army National Guard and the Nevada Air National Guard, who received, upon severance from service, an honorable discharge. Each member serves at the pleasure of the Governor.
2. In making appointments pursuant to subsection 1, the Governor shall consider:
(a) The recommendations of the Director;
(b) Whether the appointments provide a geographical balance between the urban and rural areas of this State and represent the cultural diversity of this State; and
(c) The level of activity of the person in the veteran community.
3. The Committee shall elect a Chair from among its members.
4. After the initial terms, each member of the Committee appointed pursuant to subsection 1 serves a term of 4 years.
5. A vacancy on the Committee must be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the same manner as the original appointment.
6. The Committee shall meet at least four times per year at the call of the Chair.
7. A majority of the members of the Committee appointed pursuant to subsection 1 constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
8. Each member of the Committee:
(a) Serves without compensation, except that a member of the Committee who is a state officer or employee may receive his or her regular compensation while engaging in the business of the Committee; and
(b) While engaged in the business of the Committee, is entitled to receive the per diem allowance and travel expenses provided for state officers and employees generally.
9. The Department shall provide the personnel, facilities, equipment and supplies required by the Committee.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 37. Veterans; Privileges, Benefits and Recognition Related to Military Service § 417.320. Creation; appointment of members; Chair; terms; vacancies; meetings; quorum; compensation; administrative support - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-37-veterans-privileges-benefits-and-recognition-related-to-military-service/nv-rev-st-417-320.html
Was this helpful?