Nevada Revised Statutes Title 3. Remedies; Special Actions and Proceedings § 40.640. Liability of contractor
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
In a claim to recover damages resulting from a constructional defect, a contractor is liable for the contractor’s acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of the contractor’s agents, employees or subcontractors and is not liable for any damages caused by:
1. The acts or omissions of a person other than the contractor or the contractor’s agent, employee or subcontractor;
2. The failure of a person other than the contractor or the contractor’s agent, employee or subcontractor to take reasonable action to reduce the damages or maintain the residence;
3. Normal wear, tear or deterioration;
4. Normal shrinkage, swelling, expansion or settlement; or
5. Any constructional defect disclosed to an owner before the owner’s purchase of the residence, if the disclosure was provided in language that is understandable and was written in underlined and boldfaced type with capital letters.
Read this complete Nevada Revised Statutes Title 3. Remedies; Special Actions and Proceedings § 40.640. Liability of contractor on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.