Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The board of county commissioners of a county may form a nonprofit corporation to aid the county during an emergency in providing to residents and visitors emergency assistance or any other governmental service, including, without limitation, social services and financial assistance for food and shelter.
2. The board of county commissioners shall approve by resolution the articles of incorporation and bylaws of the nonprofit corporation before the articles of incorporation may be filed with the Secretary of State pursuant to NRS 82.081. The bylaws of the nonprofit corporation must:
(a) Provide that the purpose of the nonprofit corporation is limited to aiding the county during an emergency as provided in subsection 1;
(b) Limit the nonprofit corporation to operating only after a declaration of an emergency by the county; and
(c) Require that all money received by the nonprofit corporation must be used to benefit victims of the emergency.
3. After adopting a resolution forming a nonprofit corporation pursuant to this section, the board of county commissioners shall appoint the initial members of the board of directors. All subsequent members of the board of directors must be appointed as provided in the bylaws of the nonprofit corporation.
4. A person who is appointed to serve as a member of the board of directors who is not otherwise a public officer is not a public officer by virtue of such appointment.
5. The board of directors of the nonprofit corporation formed pursuant to subsection 1 shall provide an annual report to the board of county commissioners which must include, without limitation:
(a) A summary of the activities of the nonprofit corporation during the preceding year;
(b) A statement of the finances of the nonprofit corporation during the preceding year;
(c) A statement of any money received and any money spent by the nonprofit corporation during the preceding year, including, without limitation, the compensation paid to each officer and each member of the board of directors of the nonprofit corporation; and
(d) The names of the current members of the board of directors of the nonprofit corporation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 20. Counties and Townships: Formation, Government and Officers § 244.197. Formation; bylaws; members of board of directors; annual report - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-20-counties-and-townships-formation-government-and-officers/nv-rev-st-244-197.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.