Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. A person shall not sell, distribute or offer to sell cigarettes, any smokeless product made or derived from tobacco or any alternative nicotine product in any form other than in an unopened package which originated with the manufacturer and bears any health warning required by federal law. A person who violates this subsection shall be punished by a fine of $100 and a civil penalty of $100. As used in this subsection, “smokeless product made or derived from tobacco” means any product that consists of cut, ground, powdered or leaf tobacco and is intended to be placed in the oral or nasal cavity.
2. The owner of a retail establishment shall, whenever any product made or derived from tobacco, vapor product or alternative nicotine product is being sold or offered for sale at the establishment, display prominently at the point of sale:
(a) A notice indicating that:
(1) The sale of cigarettes, other tobacco products, vapor products and alternative nicotine products to minors is prohibited by law; and
(2) The retailer may ask for proof of age to comply with this prohibition; and
(b) At least one sign that complies with the requirements of NRS 442.340.
A person who violates this subsection shall be punished by a fine of not more than $100.
3. It is unlawful for any retailer to sell cigarettes through the use of any type of display:
(a) Which contains cigarettes and is located in any area to which customers are allowed access; and
(b) From which cigarettes are readily accessible to a customer without the assistance of the retailer,
except a vending machine used in compliance with NRS 202.2494. A person who violates this subsection shall be punished by a fine of not more than $500.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 15. Crimes and Punishments § 202.2493. Cigarettes, smokeless products made or derived from tobacco and alternative nicotine products to be sold in unopened package only; owner of retail establishment required to display notice concerning prohibition against sale of tobacco products, vapor products and alternative nicotine products to minors; sale of cigarettes by retailer through use of certain displays prohibited; penalties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-15-crimes-and-punishments/nv-rev-st-202-2493.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.