Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A. A blanket or group health insurance policy or contract shall not contain a provision relative to notice or proof of loss or the time for paying benefits or the time within which suit may be brought upon the policy that in the superintendent's opinion is less favorable to the insured than would be permitted in the required or optional provisions for individual health insurance policies as set forth in Chapter 59A, Article 22 NMSA 1978.
B. The following provisions of Chapter 59A, Article 22 NMSA 1978 shall also apply as to Chapter 59A, Article 23 NMSA 1978 and blanket and group health insurance contracts:
(1) Section 59A-22-1 NMSA 1978, except Subsection C of that section; and
C. The following provisions of Chapter 59A, Article 22 NMSA 1978 shall also apply as to group health insurance contracts:
(1) Section 59A-22-33 NMSA 1978;
(2) Section 59A-22-34 NMSA 1978;
(3) Section 59A-22-34.1 NMSA 1978;
(4) Section 59A-22-34.3 NMSA 1978;
(5) Section 59A-22-35 NMSA 1978;
(6) Section 59A-22-36 NMSA 1978;
(7) Section 59A-22-39 NMSA 1978;
(8) Section 59A-22-39.1 NMSA 1978;
(9) Section 59A-22-40 NMSA 1978;
(10) Section 59A-22-40.1 NMSA 1978;
(11) Section 59A-22-41 NMSA 1978;
(12) Section 59A-22-42 NMSA 1978;
(13) Section 59A-22-43 NMSA 1978; and
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 59A. Insurance Code § 59A-23-4. Other provisions applicable - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-59a-insurance-code/nm-st-sect-59a-23-4.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?