A. A limited liability company shall keep at its principal place of business, and notify all of its members of the location of such place, the following:
(1) a list containing the full name and last known mailing address of all current and former members and managers;
(2) a copy of the articles of organization and all amendments or restatements of the articles, together with executed copies of any powers of attorney pursuant to which any articles, amendments or restatements have been executed;
(3) a copy of each of the limited liability company's federal, state and local income tax returns and financial statements for the three most recent years or, if such returns or statements were not prepared for any reason, copies of the information and statements necessary to enable the members to prepare their own federal, state and local tax returns for such periods;
(4) a copy of every current and prior operating agreement, and every amendment to each of those operating agreements;
(5) unless the following statements are included in the articles of organization or an operating agreement:
(a) a current statement of the capital contributions made by each member specifying the amount of cash and the agreed value of other property received by the limited liability company and the agreed value of services as a capital contribution that each member has rendered to the limited liability company;
(b) a statement of the cash, property and services that each member has agreed to contribute or render to the limited liability company in the future, and of the principal balance outstanding under any promissory note payable in respect of a capital contribution, and of the amount of the capital contribution with which each such member shall be credited upon receipt of such cash, property or services, or any part thereof, by the limited liability company; and
(c) a statement of the times at which, or the events on the happening of which, any additional contributions to or withdrawals from capital to which the members have agreed are to occur; and
(6) documents or any other writings required to be made available to members by the articles of organization or operating agreement.
B. A member or his representative may, at the member's expense, inspect and copy any limited liability company record, wherever such record is located, upon reasonable request during ordinary business hours.
C. Managers or members in whom the articles of organization or an operating agreement vest a particular management responsibility for one or more material matters shall, if requested by a member, the personal representative of a deceased member or the legal representative of a member under a legal disability, render to that member or representative, to the extent the circumstances render it reasonable to do so, true and full information on all such material matters affecting the requesting member in his capacity as a member.
D. Failure of the limited liability company to keep or maintain any of the records or information required pursuant to this section shall not be grounds for imposing liability on any person for the debts and obligations of the limited liability company.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 53. Corporations § 53-19-19. Records and information - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-53-corporations/nm-st-sect-53-19-19.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.