New Mexico Statutes Chapter 25. Food § 25-7B-4. Board; regulations; department; powers and duties
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search New Mexico Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The board shall promulgate procedural and substantive regulations to provide:
A. for the preparation of dairy products at dairy establishments in a manner safe for human consumption, free from adulteration, spoilage, contamination and unwholesomeness. The regulations shall provide for:
(1) disease control;
(2) employee hygiene and sanitation at dairy establishments;
(3) dairy establishment premises sanitation;
(4) all aspects of dairy establishment construction relating to sanitation;
(5) control of pests and infestation by pests at dairy establishments;
(6) lavatory and toilet facility placement and sanitation at dairy establishments;
(7) lavatory hygiene at dairy establishments;
(8) dairy equipment and utensil design and construction at dairy establishments;
(9) dairy equipment and utensil storage and handling at dairy establishments;
(10) dairy establishment ventilation; and
(11) any other facet of dairy establishment operations that reasonably may be considered to pose an existing or potential hazard to the health of the consuming public;
B. the issuance, suspension and revocation of permits required under the Dairy Establishment Sanitation Act, which regulations shall provide for prior notice to and a hearing for any applicant for or holder of a permit when the department-proposed action is to deny an application for or suspend or revoke a permit, except in those specified instances under the provisions of the Dairy Establishment Sanitation Act when the department is authorized to take any of the foregoing actions without prior notice and hearing;
C. establishing requirements for inspections of dairy establishments, which shall include provisions for inspections at a frequency of at least once every twelve months; and
D. for permitting fees for permits issued pursuant to the Dairy Establishment Sanitation Act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 25. Food § 25-7B-4. Board; regulations; department; powers and duties - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-25-food/nm-st-sect-25-7b-4.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?