New Mexico Statutes Chapter 25. Food § 25-1-4. Board; powers and duties
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search New Mexico Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The board shall promulgate procedural and substantive regulations consistent with the provisions of Section 74-1-9 NMSA 1978 and shall include provisions for:
A. requiring food service establishments to prepare and serve food in a manner safe for human consumption, free from adulteration, spoilage, contamination and unwholesomeness, and, to accomplish this standard, the following areas of food service establishment operations shall be covered by the regulations:
(1) disease control;
(2) employee hygiene and sanitation;
(3) food service establishment premises sanitation;
(4) all aspects of food service establishment construction relating to food service sanitation, including requirements for food service establishment construction plans and specifications review and approval by the division;
(5) control of pests and infestation by pests;
(6) lavatory and toilet facility placement and sanitation;
(7) lavatory hygiene;
(8) food equipment and utensil design and construction;
(9) food equipment and utensil storage and handling;
(10) liquid and solid waste disposal;
(11) food and drink preparation, handling, display and storage;
(12) food service establishment ventilation;
(13) water supply;
(14) itinerant food service establishment construction and operation; and
(15) any other facet of food service operations that reasonably may be considered to pose an existing or potential hazard to the health of the consuming public; provided that no regulation shall prohibit food service establishments from allowing pet dogs in designated outdoor dining areas;
B. the issuance, suspension and revocation of permits required under the Food Service Sanitation Act, which regulations shall provide for prior notice to and a hearing for any applicant for or holder of a permit when the division-proposed action is to deny an application for or suspend or revoke a permit, except in those specified instances under the provisions of the Food Service Sanitation Act when the division is authorized to take any of the foregoing actions without prior notice and hearing; and
C. establishing requirements for inspections of food service establishments, which shall include provisions for inspections at a frequency of at least once every twelve months.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 25. Food § 25-1-4. Board; powers and duties - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-25-food/nm-st-sect-25-1-4.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?