Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A. Following adoption of a bullying prevention policy, each public school shall:
(1) establish an annual bullying prevention program for students included in New Mexico's health education content standards with benchmarks and performance standards;
(2) provide annual training on bullying prevention to all employees and volunteers who have significant contact with students; and
(3) incorporate information on the bullying prevention policy into new employee training.
B. Each school district and public school shall develop a plan for the way in which the policy is to be publicized, including:
(1) making each school district's anti-bullying policy, and developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate variants of the policy, available on public websites;
(2) identifying a point of contact for bullying-related concerns; and
(3) informing parents and students about the policy at least annually through student handbooks and other resources.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 22. Public Schools § 22-35-4. Bullying prevention programs establishment - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-22-public-schools/nm-st-sect-22-35-4.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.