New Jersey Statutes Title 42. Partnerships and Partnership Associations 42 § 2C-84
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search New Jersey Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
Filings Required for Domestication; Effective Date.
a. After a plan of domestication is approved, a domesticating company shall deliver to the filing office for filing articles of domestication, which shall include:
(1) a statement, as the case may be, that the company has been domesticated from or into another jurisdiction;
(2) the name of the domesticating company and such other information as may be required by the filing office to correctly identify the company and the jurisdiction of its governing statute;
(3) the name of the domesticated company and the jurisdiction of its governing statute;
(4) the date the domestication is effective under the governing statute of the domesticated company;
(5) if the domesticating company was a limited liability company, a statement that the domestication was approved as required by this act;
(6) if the domesticating company was a foreign limited liability company, a statement that the domestication was approved as required by the governing statute of the other jurisdiction; and
(7) if the domesticated company was a foreign limited liability company not authorized to transact business in this State, the street and mailing addresses of an office that the filing office may use for the purposes of subsection b. of section 85 of this act. 1
b. A domestication becomes effective:
(1) when the certificate of formation takes effect, if the domesticated company is a limited liability company; and
(2) according to the governing statute of the domesticated company, if the domesticated organization is a foreign limited liability company.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Jersey Statutes Title 42. Partnerships and Partnership Associations 42 § 2C-84 - last updated February 19, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nj/title-42-partnerships-and-partnership-associations/nj-st-sect-42-2c-84.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?