Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Effect of Conversion.
a. An organization that has been converted pursuant to this Article 10 (sections 73 through 87 of this act 1) is for all purposes the same entity that existed before the conversion.
b. When a conversion takes effect:
(1) all property owned by the converting organization remains vested in the converted organization;
(2) all debts, obligations, or other liabilities of the converting organization continue as debts, obligations, or other liabilities of the converted organization;
(3) an action or proceeding pending by or against the converting organization may be continued as if the conversion had not occurred;
(4) except as prohibited by law other than this act, all of the rights, privileges, immunities, powers, and purposes of the converting organization remain vested in the converted organization;
(5) except as otherwise provided in the plan of conversion, the terms and conditions of the plan of conversion take effect; and
(6) except as otherwise agreed, the conversion does not dissolve a converting limited liability company for the purposes of Article 7, Dissolution and Winding Up (sections 48 through 56 of this act 2).
c. A converted organization that is a foreign organization consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of this State to enforce any debt, obligation, or other liability for which the converting limited liability company is liable if, before the conversion, the converting limited liability company was subject to suit in this State on the debt, obligation, or other liability. A converted organization that is a foreign organization and not authorized to transact business in this State appoints the filing office as its agent for service of process for purposes of enforcing a debt, obligation, or other liability under this subsection. Service on the filing office under this subsection shall be made in the same manner and has the same consequences as in subsections c. and d. of section 17 of this act. 3
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Jersey Statutes Title 42. Partnerships and Partnership Associations 42 § 2C-81 - last updated February 19, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nj/title-42-partnerships-and-partnership-associations/nj-st-sect-42-2c-81.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?