New Jersey Statutes Title 42. Partnerships and Partnership Associations 42 § 2C-26
Search New Jersey Statutes
a. Each domestic and foreign limited liability company shall file an annual report with the filing office, setting forth:
(1) the name and address of the limited liability company;
(2) the name and address of the registered agent of the limited liability company; and
(3) the name and addresses of the managing members or managers, as the case may be.
b. If no annual report is filed as required by this section for two consecutive years:
(1) the certificate of a domestic limited liability company shall be transferred to an inactive list maintained by the filing office. A limited liability company on the inactive list shall remain a limited liability company and the limited liability of its members and managers shall not be affected by its transfer to this list. The name of a limited liability company on the inactive list shall, subject to any other rights that limited liability company may have to its name, be available for use by any other limited liability company, including a newly-formed limited liability company.
(2) the certificate of a foreign limited liability company may be revoked by the filing office.
(3) if the certificate of a domestic limited liability company has been transferred to the inactive list or if the certificate of a foreign limited liability company has been revoked, the certificate shall be reinstated by proclamation of the filing office upon payment of all fees due to the filing office, consisting of a reinstatement filing fee, current annual report fee, all delinquent annual report fees, and a late filing fee. The reinstatement relates back to the date of transfer of the certificate of a domestic limited liability company to the inactive list or to the date of revocation of the certificate of a foreign limited liability company, as the case may be, and shall validate all actions taken in the interim. In the event that in the interim the name of the limited liability company has become unavailable, the filing office shall reinstate the certificate upon, in the case of a domestic limited liability company, the filing of an amendment to its certificate of formation to change the name to an available name, and in the case of a foreign limited liability company, the filing of an amended certificate of authority changing the name to an available name. The filing office shall provide the forms necessary to effect annual report reinstatements.
Read this complete New Jersey Statutes Title 42. Partnerships and Partnership Associations 42 § 2C-26 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.