a. A limited liability company or foreign limited liability company may deliver to the filing office for filing a certificate of correction to correct a record previously delivered by the company to the filing office and filed by the filing office, if at the time of filing the record contained inaccurate information or was defectively signed.
b. A certificate of correction under subsection a. of this section may not state a delayed effective date and shall:
(1) describe the record to be corrected, including its filing date, or attach a copy of the record as filed;
(2) specify the inaccurate information and the reason it is inaccurate or the manner in which the signing was defective; and
(3) correct the defective signature or inaccurate information.
c. When filed by the filing office, a certificate of correction under subsection a. of this section is effective retroactively as of the effective date of the record the certificate corrects, but the certificate is effective when filed:
(1) for the purposes of subsection d. of section 3 of this act; 1 and
(2) as to persons that previously relied on the uncorrected record and would be adversely affected by the retroactive effect.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.