a. A record delivered to the filing office for filing pursuant to this act shall be signed as follows:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in paragraphs (2) and (3) of this subsection, a record signed on behalf of a limited liability company shall be signed by a person authorized by the company.
(2) A limited liability company's initial certificate of formation shall be signed by at least one person acting as an organizer.
(3) A record filed on behalf of a dissolved limited liability company that has no members shall be signed by the person winding up the company's activities under subsection c. of section 49 of this act or a person appointed under subsection d. of section 49 of this act to wind up those activities.
(4) A certificate of dissolution under subsection e. of section 18 of this act shall be signed by each organizer that signed the initial certificate of formation, but a personal representative of a deceased or incompetent organizer may sign in place of the decedent or incompetent.
(5) A statement of denial by a person under section 29 of this act 1 shall be signed by that person.
(6) Any other record shall be signed by the person on whose behalf the record is delivered to the filing office.
b. Any record filed under this act may be signed by an agent, including an attorney in fact.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.