New Jersey Statutes Title 32. Interstate and Port Authorities and Commissions 32 § 1-119.2

The additions and improvements to bridges and tunnels constructed or operated by it which the Port Authority is authorized to effectuate by the act supplemented hereby shall include but not be limited to parking facilities, by which is meant transportation facilities consisting of one or more areas, buildings, structures, improvements, or other accommodations or appurtenances necessary, convenient or desirable in the opinion of the Port Authority for the parking or storage of motor vehicles of users of such bridges and tunnels and other members of the general public and for the transfer of the operators and passengers of such motor vehicles to and from omnibuses and other motor vehicles operated by carriers over or through such bridges or tunnels, and for purposes incidental thereto.

Nothing contained herein or in the act supplemented hereby shall be deemed to prevent the Port Authority from establishing, levying and collecting tolls and other charges in connection with any parking facility in addition to and other than the tolls or charges established, levied and collected in connection with the bridge or tunnel to which such parking facility is an addition and improvement or any other bridge or tunnel.

The Port Authority shall not proceed with the construction of any parking facility as an addition and improvement to any bridge or tunnel other than a parking facility in the township of North Bergen in the State of New Jersey at or in the vicinity of the Midtown Hudson Tunnel and its approaches and connections, except as heretofore or hereafter expressly authorized.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard