Skip to main content

New Jersey Statutes Title 30. Institutions and Agencies 30 § 4C-13

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

If in the course of verifying and investigating any applications or complaints, as provided for in sections 11 and 12 of P.L.1951, c. 138 (C.30:4C-11 and C.30:4C-12), it shall appear that there is a person legally responsible for the support of the child who is willing and able to provide the care and support required by the child;  or it shall appear that the needs of the child can properly be provided for by financial assistance as made available by the laws of this State;  then, the Division of Child Protection and Permanency, before accepting and providing care or custody, shall first make proper referral of the matter to such legally responsible person, or to the agency charged with the administration of such financial assistance.  If it shall appear that the welfare of the child is endangered, and that such condition can be eliminated or ameliorated by making available to or for the child any one or more of whatever specific services the Division of Child Protection and Permanency may be authorized, within the limits of legislative appropriations, to provide for all children in similar circumstances, the child shall be found eligible for care or custody, and the division shall proceed to furnish the services either by direct provision or, if the division so determines in the specific case, by purchasing services from any appropriate privately sponsored agency or institution which complies with whatever rules and regulations, established pursuant to P.L.1951, c. 138 (C.30:4C-1 et seq.), may govern such arrangements for purchase of service.

Cite this article: - New Jersey Statutes Title 30. Institutions and Agencies 30 § 4C-13 - last updated February 19, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard