Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) No person shall operate or park a motor vehicle on the highways unless such motor vehicle at all times carries in or upon it, subject to inspection by any peace officer, the registration certificate issued for it.
(2) No person shall tow or park a trailer on the highways unless the registration certificate issued for the trailer or a copy thereof is carried in or upon the trailer or in or upon the motor vehicle that is towing or parking the trailer, subject to inspection by any peace officer, except as provided in subsections (4) and (5) of this section and except fertilizer trailers as defined in section 60-326. The registration certificate for a fertilizer trailer shall be kept at the principal place of business of the owner of the fertilizer trailer.
(3) In the case of a motorcycle other than an autocycle, the registration certificate shall be carried either in plain sight, affixed to the motorcycle, or in the tool bag or some convenient receptacle attached to the motorcycle.
(4) In the case of a motor vehicle or trailer operated by a public power district registered pursuant to section 60-3,228, the registration certificate shall be kept at the principal place of business of the public power district.
(5) Beginning January 1, 2023, in the case of a motor vehicle or trailer operated by a metropolitan utilities district registered pursuant to section 60-3,228, the registration certificate shall be kept at the principal place of business of the metropolitan utilities district.
(6) In the case of an apportionable vehicle registered under section 60-3,198, the registration certificate may be displayed as a legible paper copy or electronically as authorized by the department.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 60. Motor Vehicles § 60-363. Registration certificate; duty to carry, exceptions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ne/chapter-60-motor-vehicles/ne-rev-st-sect-60-363.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?