(RULLCA 102) In the Nebraska Uniform Limited Liability Company Act:
(1) Certificate of organization means the certificate required by section 21-117 . The term includes the certificate as amended or restated.
(2) Certificate of registration means either a document prepared and issued by a regulatory body or the electronic accessing of the regulatory body's licensing records by the Secretary of State.
(3) Contribution means any benefit provided by a person to a limited liability company:
(A) in order to become a member upon formation of the company and in accordance with an agreement between or among the persons that have agreed to become the initial members of the company;
(B) in order to become a member after formation of the company and in accordance with an agreement between the person and the company; or
(C) in the person's capacity as a member and in accordance with the operating agreement or an agreement between the member and the company.
(4) Debtor in bankruptcy means a person that is the subject of:
(A) an order for relief under Title 11 of the United States Code or a successor statute of general application; or
(B) a comparable order under federal, state, or foreign law governing insolvency.
(5) Designated office means:
(A) the office that a limited liability company is required to designate and maintain under section 21-113 ; or
(B) the principal office of a foreign limited liability company.
(6) Distribution, except as otherwise provided in subsection (g) of section 21-134 , means a transfer of money or other property from a limited liability company to another person on account of a transferable interest.
(7) Effective, with respect to a record required or permitted to be delivered to the Secretary of State for filing under the Nebraska Uniform Limited Liability Company Act, means effective under subsection (c) of section 21-121 .
(8) Foreign limited liability company means an unincorporated entity formed under the law of a jurisdiction other than this state and denominated by that law as a limited liability company.
(9) Limited liability company, except in the phrase foreign limited liability company, means an entity formed under the Nebraska Uniform Limited Liability Company Act.
(10) Manager means a person that under the operating agreement of a manager-managed limited liability company is responsible, alone or in concert with others, for performing the management functions stated in subsection (c) of section 21-136 .
(11) Manager-managed limited liability company means a limited liability company that qualifies under subsection (a) of section 21-136 .
(13) Member-managed limited liability company means a limited liability company that is not a manager-managed limited liability company.
(14) Operating agreement means the agreement, whether or not referred to as an operating agreement and whether oral, in a record, implied, or in any combination thereof, of all the members of a limited liability company, including a sole member. The term includes the agreement as amended or restated.
(15) Organizer means a person that acts under section 21-117 to form a limited liability company.
(16) Person means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(17) Principal office means the principal executive office of a limited liability company or foreign limited liability company, whether or not the office is located in this state.
(18) Professional service means any type of personal service to the public which requires as a condition precedent to the rendering of such service the obtaining of a license or other legal authorization and which includes, but is not limited to, personal services rendered by a certified public accountant, dentist, osteopathic physician, physician and surgeon, veterinarian, real estate broker, associate real estate broker, real estate salesperson, or attorney at law. For purposes of the act, those professions pertaining to the diagnosis, care, and treatment of humans shall be considered to be of the same profession.
(19) Record means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(20) Regulatory body means a board, commission, court, or governmental authority which is charged with licensing or regulating the rendering of a professional service in this state.
(21) Sign means, with the present intent to authenticate or adopt a record:
(A) to execute or adopt a tangible symbol; or
(B) to attach to or logically associate with the record an electronic symbol, sound, or process.
(22) State means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(23) Transfer includes an assignment, conveyance, deed, bill of sale, lease, mortgage, trust deed, security interest, encumbrance, gift, and transfer by operation of law.
(24) Transferable interest means the right, as originally associated with a person's capacity as a member, to receive distributions from a limited liability company in accordance with the operating agreement, whether or not the person remains a member or continues to own any part of the right.
(25) Transferee means a person to which all or part of a transferable interest has been transferred, whether or not the transferor is a member.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.