Skip to main content

North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-35-26.3. State water commission funding

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Before providing a grant or loan to a district or city for a water service project in any area within the extraterritorial zoning jurisdiction of any affected city, the commission shall require that district and city to have a water service agreement.  The absence of a water service agreement may not affect the funding by the commission of other projects for a district or city which are not related to potable water service and are not located within the extraterritorial zoning jurisdiction.

The members thus drawn shall constitute a committee to try and determine the contested election, and for that purpose shall hold their meetings publicly at the place where the general assembly is sitting, at such times as they may designate;  and may adjourn from day to day or to a day certain, not more than four days distant, until such trial is determined;  shall have power to send for persons and papers, and to take all necessary means to procure testimony, extending like privileges to the contestant and the incumbent;  and shall report their judgment to both branches of the general assembly, which report shall be entered on the journals of both houses.

Cite this article: - North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-35-26.3. State water commission funding - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard