North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-24.8-01. Definitions
Search North Dakota Century Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this chapter:
1. “Auditor” means the county auditor.
2. “Board” means the board of directors of the Garrison Diversion Conservancy District.
3. “Bond” means any revenue bond, refunding bond, improvement bond, or other evidence of indebtedness, including indebtedness owed to banks, or other public or private lending sources, of the district issued under this chapter.
4. “Direct benefit” means water is delivered to a tract of land.
5. “Director” means a member of the board of directors.
6. “District” means the Garrison Diversion Conservancy District.
7. “Federal agency” includes the United States, the president of the United States, or any agency, instrumentality, or corporation of the United States which has been or may be designated or created by or pursuant to any act or acts or joint resolutions of the Congress of the United States or which may be owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by the United States.
8. “Holder of bonds” or “bondholder”, or any similar term, means any person who is the registered owner of any outstanding revenue bond, improvement bond, or refunding bond.
9. “Law” means any statute of this state.
10. “Project” means any work, undertaking, enterprise, or any combination of two or more projects, which the district is authorized to construct. The term includes all irrigation improvements, betterments, extensions, and replacements of work, undertaking, or enterprises, and all appurtenances, facilities, easements, lands, rights in land, water rights, contract rights, approaches, dams, reservoirs, generating stations, trunk connections, other water mains, filtration works, pumping stations, equipment, franchises, and structures in connection with or incidental to any irrigation work, undertaking, or enterprise the district is authorized to construct.
11. “Refinancing” means funding, refunding, paying, or discharging by means of refunding bonds or the proceeds from the sale of refunding bonds, all or any part of any notes, bonds, or other obligations issued to finance or to aid in financing the acquisition, construction, or improvement of a project.
12. “Refunding bonds” means notes, bonds, certificates, or other obligations of the district issued under this chapter, the proceeds of which are to be used to pay the principal of or interest on any outstanding bonds or other obligations.
13. “Revenues” means all fees, tolls, rates, rentals, and charges levied and collected by the district in connection with, and all other income and receipts of whatever kind or character derived by the district from, the operation of any project.
14. “State engineer” has the same meaning as provided in chapter 61-03.
15. “Warrant” means an order drawn by the proper official of the district on its treasury, the warrant to be so drawn that when signed by the district treasurer in an appropriate place it becomes a check on the depository of the district, and a warrant upon the treasury may not be delivered or mailed to the payee or the payee's agent or representative until the warrant has been signed by the district treasurer and entered on the district's books as a check drawn on a bank depository.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-24.8-01. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-61-waters/nd-cent-code-sect-61-24-8-01.html
Was this helpful?