Skip to main content

North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-24-31. Remedies of bondholders in general

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

1. Subject to any contractual limitations binding upon the holders of any issue of bonds, or a trustee for the holders, including the restriction of the exercise of any remedy to a specified proportion or percentage of the holders, any holder of bonds or trustee, for the equal benefit and protection of all bondholders similarly situated, may:

a. By mandamus or other civil action, enforce the holder's rights against the district and its board and any of its officers, agents, or employees and may require the district or the board or any officers, agents, or employees of the district or board to perform their duties and obligations under this chapter and their covenants and agreements with bondholders.

b. By civil action, require the district and the board to account as if the district and the board were the trustees of an express trust.

c. By civil action, enjoin any acts or things that may be unlawful or in violation of the rights of the bondholders.

d. Bring suit upon the bond.

2. A right or remedy conferred by this chapter upon any bondholder, or upon any trustee for a bondholder, is not intended to be exclusive of any other right or remedy, but each right or remedy is cumulative and in addition to every other right or remedy and may be exercised without exhausting and without regard to any other remedy conferred by this chapter or by any other law of this state.

Cite this article: - North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-24-31. Remedies of bondholders in general - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard