North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-04.1-08. Powers and duties of board
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Dakota Century Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
The board has the following powers and duties:
1. The board shall appoint an executive director to serve at the board's discretion and to perform duties assigned by the board.
2. The board shall authorize the employment of staff the board deems necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter. The executive director shall hire the staff, subject to the approval of the board.
3. The board shall adopt rules concerning qualifications, procedures, and conditions for issuance, revocation, suspension, and modification of licenses and permits; standards and instructions governing weather modification operations, including monitoring and evaluation, recordkeeping, and reporting, and the board shall establish procedures and forms for this recordkeeping and reporting. The board may adopt all other rules necessary to the administration of this chapter. The provisions of chapter 28-32 apply to this chapter and rules of the board must be published in the North Dakota Administrative Code.
4. The board may contract with any person to carry out weather modification operations and, in connection with regulated weather modification operations in a county or geographical region, shall carry on monitoring and evaluation activities.
5. The board may order any person who is conducting weather modification operations in violation of this chapter or any rules adopted to implement this chapter, to cease and desist from those operations and the order is enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction within this state.
6. The board may cooperate and contract with any person engaged in activities similar to the work of the board and may make contracts and agreements to carry out programs consistent with the purpose and intent of this chapter. The board may request and accept any grants of funds or services from any person and expend these funds or use these services to carry out this chapter.
7. The board shall monitor the current state of knowledge regarding the magnitude and impacts of possible regional and global climatic changes and shall provide information to other state agencies that may benefit from this knowledge.
8. The board shall administer and enforce the provisions of this chapter and do all things reasonably necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter.
9. The board may plan and study a hail suppression pilot program that would provide urban and rural hail suppression operations statewide or to any portion of the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 61. Waters § 61-04.1-08. Powers and duties of board - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-61-waters/nd-cent-code-sect-61-04-1-08.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?