Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
When a distributor makes an untaxed cigarette sale to an enrolled tribal member, the distributor must obtain from the tribal member, on forms prescribed by the tax commissioner, the following information:
1. Name of the tribal member.
2. Social security number of the tribal member.
3. Name of the tribe of the tribal member.
4. Tribal enrollment number of the tribal member.
5. Residential address of the tribal member.
6. Business address and business location of the retail sales of the tribal member.
7. Certification that the tribal member has been granted authority from the tribe to conduct cigarette sales activity within the external boundaries of the reservation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 57. Taxation § 57-36-11.1. Sales of untaxed cigarettes - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-57-taxation/nd-cent-code-sect-57-36-11-1.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?