Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. A record authorized or required to be delivered to the secretary of state for filing under this chapter must be captioned to describe the purpose of the record, be in a medium permitted by the secretary of state, and be delivered to the secretary of state. If the secretary of state determines that a record complies with the filing requirements of this chapter, then the secretary of state shall file the record and, except for an annual report, return a copy of the filed record to the person that delivered it to the secretary of state for filing. That person shall then:
a. For a statement of dissociation, send a copy of the filed statement:
(1) To the person which the statement indicates has dissociated as a general partner; and
(2) To the limited partnership;
b. For a statement of withdrawal, send a copy of the filed statement:
(1) To the person on whose behalf the record was filed; and
(2) If the statement refers to an existing limited partnership, to the limited partnership; and
c. For all other records, send a copy of the filed record to the person on whose behalf the record was filed.
2. Upon request and payment of a fee provided in section 45-10.2-109, the secretary of state shall send to the requester a certified copy of the requested record.
3. Except as otherwise provided in sections 45-10.2-18 and 45-10.2-28, a record delivered to the secretary of state for filing under this chapter may specify a delayed effective date within ninety days. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a record filed by the secretary of state is effective:
a. If the record does not specify a delayed effective date within ninety days, then on the date the record is filed as evidenced by the endorsement of the secretary of state of the date on the record.
b. If the record specifies a delayed effective date within ninety days, then on the specified date.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 45. Partnerships § 45-10.2-27. Delivery to and filing of records by secretary of state and effective date - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-45-partnerships/nd-cent-code-sect-45-10-2-27.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?