North Dakota Century Code Title 43. Occupations and Professions § 43-20-01.2. Dental hygienist licensing
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Dakota Century Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
An individual seeking to practice dental hygiene in this state shall apply to the executive director of the board on forms prescribed by the board. The application must be verified under oath to the effect that all of the statements contained in the application are true to the applicant's own knowledge, and must be received by the executive director of the board at least thirty days before the board meeting at which the application is considered. The applicant shall enclose with the application a recent autographed picture of the applicant and an application fee established by the board by rule. The board may grant a license to practice dental hygiene to an applicant who has met all of the following requirements:
1. The applicant is a graduate of a dental hygiene school accredited by the American dental association's commission on dental accreditation.
2. The applicant has passed an examination administered by the joint commission on national dental examinations.
3. The applicant has passed a clinical competency examination administered by a regional dental testing service or a licensing jurisdiction approved by the board by rule.
4. The applicant has passed, within one year of making application, a written examination on the laws and rules governing the practice of dentistry in this state.
5. Grounds for denial of the application under section 43-20-05 do not exist.
6. The applicant has met any requirement for licensure established by the board by rule.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 43. Occupations and Professions § 43-20-01.2. Dental hygienist licensing - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-43-occupations-and-professions/nd-cent-code-sect-43-20-01-2.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?