It is unlawful for any person to commit any of the following acts:
1. To operate, or for the owner thereof knowingly to permit anyone to operate, upon a highway any vehicle the registration of which has been canceled or revoked, or for which the registration fees required in this title have not been paid, or which does not have attached thereto and displayed thereon a number plate, plates, or validation tabs assigned thereto by the director for the current registration period, subject to the exemptions allowed in this title.
2. To display or cause or permit to be displayed, or to have in possession, any registration card, registration number plate, or validation tabs knowing the same to be fictitious or to have been canceled, revoked, suspended, or altered.
3. To lend any registration number plate, registration card, or validation tabs to any person not entitled thereto, or knowingly permit the use of any registration number plate or registration card by any person not entitled thereto.
4. To fail or refuse to surrender to the department, upon demand, any registration card, registration number plate, or validation tab which has been suspended, canceled, or revoked as is provided in this chapter.
5. To use a false or fictitious name or address in any application for the registration of any vehicle, or for any renewal or duplicate thereof, or knowingly to make a false statement or knowingly to conceal a material fact or otherwise to commit a fraud in any application.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.