North Dakota Century Code Title 26.1. Insurance § 26.1-26.9-02. Licensure of owners
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Dakota Century Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. An owner shall obtain from the insurance commissioner and hold a limited lines license under this section if the owner sells, solicits, or offers coverage for self-service storage insurance. This section does not require an owner to be licensed solely to display and make available to occupants and prospective occupants brochures and other promotional materials created by or on behalf of an authorized insurer or surplus lines insurer.
2. A limited lines license issued under this section is limited to authorizing an owner and the owner's employees and authorized representatives to sell, solicit, and offer coverage for self-service storage insurance to occupants.
3. A limited lines license issued under this section authorizes an owner and the owner's employees and authorized representatives to sell, solicit, and offer self-service storage insurance coverage at each location at which the owner conducts business.
4. The owner or supervising entity shall maintain a registry of owner locations authorized to sell, solicit, or offer self-service storage insurance coverage in this state. Upon request by the commissioner, and with five days' notice, the owner or supervising entity shall provide the registry to the commissioner for inspection and examination.
5. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a license issued under this section authorizes the licensee and the licensee's employees and authorized representatives to engage only in activities permitted by this chapter in connection with the business of insurance unless authorized to do so under another license issued by the commissioner.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 26.1. Insurance § 26.1-26.9-02. Licensure of owners - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-26-1-insurance/nd-cent-code-sect-26-1-26-9-02.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?