North Dakota Century Code Title 20.1. Game, Fish, Predators, and Boating § 20.1-11-02. Game refuges on privately owned or leased lands--How established
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Dakota Century Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Any person owning, or having control by lease or otherwise, for the required time, of any lands within this state, may establish a state game refuge thereon by filing with the director a written application containing:
1. The name of the owner or lessee of the lands described therein.
2. The written consent of the owner, or, if the application is made by a lessee, the written consent of both the owner and the lessee, to the establishment of a state game refuge thereon.
3. The time for which the refuge is to be established, which must be for five years or more from the date the application is filed with the director. The lease may be made renewable at the option of both parties and may be terminated at any time by mutual consent of both parties.
4. The extent and legal description of the lands involved. The lands must be ten acres [4.05 hectares] or more, but cannot exceed six sections [1553.99 hectares] in any one township.
5. A brief dedication of the lands to this state for the purpose of a state game refuge.
6. A waiver by the owner, or, if the application is made by a lessee, by both the owner and lessee, of all rights of that person and members of that person's family to hunt, shoot, trap, or kill any game bird or protected animal on the land during the life of the dedication of the lands to this state as a state game refuge.
After the application, in due form, has been filed with the director and has been accepted by the director, the lands described in the application constitute a state game refuge for the time set forth in the application.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 20.1. Game, Fish, Predators, and Boating § 20.1-11-02. Game refuges on privately owned or leased lands--How established - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-20-1-game-fish-predators-and-boating/nd-cent-code-sect-20-1-11-02.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?