1. The United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof;
2. The United States post office;
3. The state or any political subdivisions thereof;
4. Banks, bank holding companies, credit unions, building and loan associations, savings
and loan associations, or savings banks or mutual banks organized under the laws of
any state or the United States, but this exemption does not extend to any other person
acting on behalf of any such excluded entity;
5. The provision of electronic transfer of government benefits for any federal, state,
or county governmental agency as defined in federal reserve board regulation E, by
a contractor for and on behalf of the United States or any department, agency, or
instrumentality thereof, or any state or any political subdivisions thereof; and
6. Authorized delegates of a licensee, acting within the scope of authority conferred
by a written contract as described in section 13-09-15.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.