North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 98. Burnt and Lost Records

This is FindLaw's hosted version of North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 98. Burnt and Lost Records. Use this page to navigate to all sections within Chapter 98. Burnt and Lost Records. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.

  • NC GEN ST § 98-1. Copy of destroyed record as evidence;  may be recorded
  • NC GEN ST § 98-2. Originals may be again recorded
  • NC GEN ST § 98-3. Establishing boundaries and interest, where conveyance and copy lost
  • NC GEN ST § 98-4. Copy of lost will may be probated
  • NC GEN ST § 98-5. Copy of lost will as evidence;  letters to issue
  • NC GEN ST § 98-6. Establishing contents of will, where original and copy destroyed
  • NC GEN ST § 98-7. Perpetuating destroyed judgments and proceedings
  • NC GEN ST § 98-8. Color of title under destroyed instrument
  • NC GEN ST § 98-9. Action on destroyed bond
  • NC GEN ST § 98-10. Destroyed witness tickets;  duplicates may be filed
  • NC GEN ST § 98-11. Replacing lost official conveyances
  • NC GEN ST § 98-12. Court records as proof of destroyed instruments set out therein
  • NC GEN ST § 98-13. Copies contained in court records may be recorded
  • NC GEN ST § 98-14. Rules for petitions and motions
  • NC GEN ST § 98-15. Records allowed under this Chapter to have effect of original records
  • NC GEN ST § 98-16. Destroyed court records proved prima facie by recitals in conveyances executed before their destruction
  • NC GEN ST § 98-17. Conveyances reciting court records prima facie evidence thereof
  • NC GEN ST § 98-18. Court records and conveyances to which Chapter extends

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.