Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For the purposes of this Chapter:
(1) “Board” shall mean the North Carolina State Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters Board.
(2) “Fitting and selling hearing aids” shall mean the evaluation or measurement of the powers or range of human hearing by means of an audiometer or by other means and the consequent selection or adaptation or sale or rental of hearing aids intended to compensate for hearing loss including the making of an impression of the ear.
(3) “Hearing aid” shall mean any instrument or device designed for or represented as aiding, improving or compensating for defective human hearing and any parts, attachments or accessories of such an instrument or device.
(4) “Hearing Aid Specialist” shall mean a person licensed by the Board to engage in the activities within the scope of practice of a hearing aid specialist in North Carolina.
(5) “Registered Sponsor” shall mean a person with a permanent license as an audiologist under Article 22 of Chapter 90 of the General Statutes who is registered in accordance with G.S. 93D-3(c)(16), or a licensee of the Board who has been approved as a sponsor of an apprentice.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 93D. North Carolina State Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters Board § 93D-1. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-93d-north-carolina-state-hearing-aid-dealers-and-fitters-board/nc-gen-st-sect-93d-1.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.