North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 90D. Interpreters and Transliterators § 90D-6. Powers of the Board
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Carolina General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The Board shall have the power and duty to:
(1) Administer this Chapter.
(2) Adopt, amend, or repeal rules necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter, subject to the provisions of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
(3) Employ and fix the compensation of personnel that the Board determines is necessary to carry into effect the provisions of this Chapter and to incur other expenses necessary to effectuate this Chapter.
(4) Examine and determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licensure, renewal of licensure, and reciprocal licensure.
(5) Issue, renew, deny, suspend, or revoke licenses and carry out any disciplinary actions authorized by this Chapter.
(6) Set fees as authorized in G.S. 90D-10.
(7) Conduct investigations for the purpose of determining whether violations of this Chapter or grounds for disciplining licensees exist.
(8) Maintain a record of all proceedings and make available to licensees and other concerned parties an annual report of all Board action.
(9) Keep on file in its office at all times a complete record of the names, addresses, license numbers, and renewal license numbers of all persons entitled to practice under this Chapter.
(10) Adopt a seal containing the name of the Board for use on all licenses and official reports issued by the Board.
(11) Adopt rules for continuing education requirements.
(12) Conduct administrative hearings in accordance with Article 3A of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 90D. Interpreters and Transliterators § 90D-6. Powers of the Board - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-90d-interpreters-and-transliterators/nc-gen-st-sect-90d-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?