North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 89A. Landscape Architects § 89A-3.1. Board's powers and duties
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Carolina General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The Board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Administer and enforce the provisions of this Chapter.
(2) Adopt rules to administer and enforce the provisions of this Chapter.
(3) Examine and determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for registration and renewal of registration.
(4) Determine the qualifications of firms, partnerships, or corporations applying for a certificate of registration.
(5) Issue, renew, deny, suspend, or revoke certificates of registration and conduct any disciplinary actions authorized by this Chapter.
(6) Establish and approve continuing education requirements for persons registered under this Chapter.
(7) Receive and investigate complaints from members of the public.
(8) Conduct investigations for the purpose of determining whether violations of this Chapter or grounds for disciplining registrants exist.
(9) Conduct administrative hearings in accordance with Article 3 of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
(10) Maintain a record of all proceedings conducted by the Board and make available to registrants and other concerned parties an annual report of all Board action.
(11) Employ and fix the compensation of personnel that the Board determines is necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter and incur other expenses necessary to perform the duties of the Board.
(12) Adopt and publish a code of professional conduct for all registrants.
(13) Adopt a seal containing the name of the Board for use on all certificates of registration and official reports issued by the Board.
(14) Retain private counsel subject to G.S. 114-2.3.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 89A. Landscape Architects § 89A-3.1. Board's powers and duties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-89a-landscape-architects/nc-gen-st-sect-89a-3-1.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?