North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 88A. Electrolysis Practice Act § 88A-6. Powers and duties of the Board
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Carolina General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The Board shall have the following general powers and duties:
(1) To administer and interpret this Chapter;
(2) To adopt rules in the manner prescribed by Chapter 150B of the General Statutes as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter;
(3) To determine the qualifications of persons who are licensed or certified pursuant to this Chapter;
(4) To issue, renew, deny, restrict, suspend, or revoke licenses and to carry out any of the other actions authorized by this Chapter;
(5) To establish, publish, and enforce rules of professional conduct, and to regulate advertising by licensees;
(6) To maintain a record of all proceedings and make available to persons licensed under this Chapter, and to other concerned parties, an annual report of all Board action;
(7) To collect fees for licensure, licensure renewal, and other services deemed necessary to carry out the purpose of this Chapter;
(8) To employ and fix the compensation of personnel, including an executive director, that the Board determines are necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter and to incur other expenses necessary to effectuate this Chapter;
(9) To conduct investigations for the purpose of determining whether violations of this Chapter or grounds for disciplining persons licensed or certified under this Chapter exist; and,
(10) To adopt a seal containing the name of the Board for use on all certificates, licenses, and official reports issued by it.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 88A. Electrolysis Practice Act § 88A-6. Powers and duties of the Board - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-88a-electrolysis-practice-act/nc-gen-st-sect-88a-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?