North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 74F. Locksmith Licensing Act § 74F-6. Powers of the Board
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Carolina General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The Board shall have the power and duty to:
(1) Administer and enforce the provisions of this Chapter.
(2) Adopt rules as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter.
(3) Examine and determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licensure and renewal of licensure.
(4) Issue, renew, deny, suspend, or revoke licenses or apprenticeship designations and conduct any disciplinary actions authorized by this Chapter.
(5) Set fees as provided in G.S. 74F-9.
(6) Establish and approve continuing education requirements for persons licensed under this Chapter.
(7) Receive and investigate complaints from members of the public.
(8) Conduct investigations for the purpose of determining whether violations of this Chapter or grounds for disciplining licensees exist.
(9) Conduct administrative hearings in accordance with Article 3A of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
(10) Maintain a record of all proceedings conducted by the Board and make available to licensees and other concerned parties an annual report of all Board action.
(11) Maintain a list of the names and addresses of all persons licensed by the Board.
(12) Employ and fix the compensation of personnel that the Board determines is necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter and incur other expenses necessary to perform the duties of the Board.
(13) Adopt and publish a code of ethics.
(14) Adopt a seal containing the name of the Board for use on all licenses and official reports issued by the Board.
(15) Employ an attorney to assist or represent the Board in enforcing this Chapter.
(16) Request that the Department of Public Safety conduct criminal history record checks of applicants for licensure and apprenticeships pursuant to G.S. 143B-946.
(17) Authorize the chair, by majority vote, to issue subpoenas allowing the Board to obtain the records of a person or company offering locksmith services, including an employee of a company, a contractor, or a subcontractor. The records obtained shall include invoices and receipts, specifically any invoices and receipts that pertain to locksmith tools, equipment, or parts.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 74F. Locksmith Licensing Act § 74F-6. Powers of the Board - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-74f-locksmith-licensing-act/nc-gen-st-sect-74f-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?