North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 160A. Cities and Towns

This is FindLaw's hosted version of North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 160A. Cities and Towns. Use this page to navigate to all sections within Chapter 160A. Cities and Towns. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.

  • Article 1. Definitions and Statutory Construction
  • Article 2. General Corporate Powers
  • Article 3. Contracts
  • Article 4. Corporate Limits
  • Article 4A. Extension of Corporate Limits
  • Article 5. Form of Government
  • Article 7. Administrative Offices
  • Article 8. Delegation and Exercise of the General Police Power
  • Article 9. Taxation
  • Article 10. Special Assessments
  • Article 10A. Special Assessments for Critical Infrastructure Needs
  • Article 11. Eminent Domain
  • Article 12. Sale and Disposition of Property
  • Article 13. Law Enforcement
  • Article 14. Fire Protection
  • Article 14A. Municipal Firefighters
  • Article 15. Streets, Traffic and Parking
  • Article 16. Public Enterprises
  • Article 16A. Provision of Communications Service by Cities
  • Article 17. Cemeteries
  • Article 17A. Cemetery Trustees
  • Article 18. Parks and Recreation
  • Article 19. Planning and Regulation of Development
  • Article 20. Interlocal Cooperation
  • Article 21. Miscellaneous
  • Article 22. Urban Redevelopment Law
  • Article 23. Municipal Service Districts
  • Article 24. Parking Authorities
  • Article 25. Public Transportation Authorities
  • Article 26. Regional Public Transportation Authority
  • Article 27. Regional Transportation Authority
  • Article 28. Regional Natural Gas District
  • Article 29. Ferry Transportation Authority

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.