Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Board shall prepare and keep current a statement of regional objectives, including recommended approaches to regional problems. The statement may also identify projects deemed by the Board to be of regional significance. The statement shall be available in its initial form two years from the effective date of this Agreement and shall be amended or revised no less frequently than once every six years. The statement shall be in such detail as the Board may prescribe. Amendments, revisions, supplements or evaluations may be transmitted at any time. An annual commentary on the statement shall be submitted at a regular time to be determined by the Board.
(b) In addition to powers conferred on the Board elsewhere in this Agreement, the Board shall have the power to make or commission studies, investigations and recommendations with respect to:
(1) The planning and programming of projects of interstate or regional significance.
(2) Planning and scheduling of governmental services and programs which would be of assistance to the orderly growth and prosperity of the region, and to the well-being of its population.
(3) Effective utilization of such federal assistance as may be available on a regional basis or as may have an interstate or regional impact.
(4) Measures for influencing population distribution, land use, development of new communities and redevelopment of existing ones.
(5) Transportation patterns and systems of interstate and regional significance.
(6) Improved utilization of human and natural resources for the advancement of the region as a whole.
(7) Any other matters of a planning, data collection or informational character that the Board may determine to be of value to the party states.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 143. State Departments, Institutions, and Commissions § 143-493. Article III. Powers - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-143-state-departments-institutions-and-commissions/nc-gen-st-sect-143-493/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.