Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Division shall require deposits in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 131E-285.
(b) If a provider sponsored organization fails to comply with the net worth requirements of G.S. 131E-286, the Division may take appropriate action to assure that the continued operation of the provider sponsored organization will not be hazardous to the beneficiaries enrolled with the PSO.
(c) Every provider sponsored organization shall have and maintain at all times an adequate plan for protection against insolvency acceptable to the Division. In determining the adequacy of such a plan, the Division shall consider:
(1) A reinsurance agreement preapproved by the Division covering excess loss, stop-loss, or catastrophies. The agreement shall provide that the Division will be notified no less than 60 days prior to cancellation or reduction of coverage;
(2) A conversion policy or policies that will be offered by an insurer to the beneficiaries in the event of the provider sponsored organization's insolvency;
(3) Legally binding unconditional guaranties by adequately capitalized sponsoring provider or adequately capitalized sponsoring corporations of sponsoring providers;
(4) Legally binding obligations of sponsoring providers to forego payment for items or services provided by the sponsoring provider in order to avoid the financial insolvency of the PSO;
(5) Legally binding obligations of sponsoring providers or parents of sponsoring providers to make capital infusions to the PSO; and
(6) Any other arrangements offering protection against insolvency that the Division may require.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 131E. Health Care Facilities and Services § 131E-298. Protection against insolvency - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-131e-health-care-facilities-and-services/nc-gen-st-sect-131e-298/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?