North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 113. Conservation and Development § 113-270.2. Hunting licenses
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search North Carolina General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The hunting licenses set forth in subdivisions (1), (2), (5), (6), and (7) of subsection (c) of this section entitle the holder to take wild birds and wild animals, other than big game and waterfowl, by all lawful methods, except trapping, and in all open seasons. Unless otherwise specified, a hunting license issued under this subsection entitles the licensee to access and use Wildlife Resources Commission Property. The comprehensive hunting licenses of subdivisions (2) and (5) of subsection (c) of this section further entitle the holder to take big game and waterfowl.
(b) Repealed by Session Laws 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 684, s. 2.
(c) The hunting licenses issued by the Wildlife Resources Commission are as follows:
(1) Resident State Hunting License--$25.00. This license shall be issued only to an individual resident of the State.
(2) Lifetime Resident Comprehensive Hunting License--$250.00. This license shall be issued only to an individual resident of the State and is valid for the lifetime of the holder.
(3) Repealed by S.L. 2013-283, § 3, eff. Aug. 1, 2014.
(4) Controlled Hunting Preserve Hunting License--$20.00. This license shall be issued to an individual resident or nonresident to take only foxes, coyotes, rabbits, and domestically raised chukars, Hungarian partridges, and game birds, other than wild turkey, only within a controlled hunting preserve licensed and operated in accordance with G.S. 113-273(g) and implementing rules of the Wildlife Resources Commission. This license does not authorize access to or use of Wildlife Resources Commission Property.
(5) Resident Annual Comprehensive Hunting License--$36.00. This license shall be issued only to an individual resident of the State.
(6) Nonresident State Hunting License. This license shall be issued only to a nonresident. The nonresident State hunting licenses issued by the Wildlife Resources Commission are:
a. Season License--$100.00.
b. Ten-Day License--$80.00. This license is valid for the 10 consecutive dates indicated on the license.
(7) Falconry Hunting License--$25.00. This license shall be issued to an individual resident or nonresident and authorizes taking wildlife by means of falconry. In addition to a falconry hunting license, the license holder shall also possess a valid falconry license as described in G.S. 113-270.3(b)(4). This license expires June 30.
(d) One dollar ($1.00) of the proceeds received from the sale of each nonresident hunting license sold pursuant to subdivision (6) of subsection (c) of this section shall be set aside by the Wildlife Resources Commission and contributed to a proper agency or agencies in the United States for expenditure in Canada for the restoration and management of migratory waterfowl.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 113. Conservation and Development § 113-270.2. Hunting licenses - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-113-conservation-and-development/nc-gen-st-sect-113-270-2.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?