North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 101. Names of Persons
This is FindLaw's hosted version of North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 101. Names of Persons. Use this page to navigate to all sections within Chapter 101. Names of Persons. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search North Carolina General Statutes
- NC GEN ST § 101-1. Legislature may regulate change by general but not private law
- NC GEN ST § 101-2. Procedure for changing name; petition; notice
- NC GEN ST § 101-3. Contents of petition
- NC GEN ST § 101-4. Proof of good character to accompany petition
- NC GEN ST § 101-5. Name change application requirements; grounds for clerk to order or deny name change; certificate and record
- NC GEN ST § 101-6. Effect of change; only one change, except as provided
- NC GEN ST § 101-7. Recording name change
- NC GEN ST § 101-8. Resumption of name by widow or widower
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.