As used in 61-8-460 , the following definitions apply:
(1) “Alcoholic beverage” means a compound produced for human consumption as a drink that contains 0.5% or more of alcohol by volume.
(2) “Bus” means a motor vehicle with a manufacturer's rated seating capacity of 11 or more passengers, including the driver.
(3) “Camper” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101 .
(4) “Highway” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101 , including the shoulders of the highway.
(5) “Motor home” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101 .
(6) “Motor vehicle” has the meaning provided in 61-1-101 .
(7) “Open alcoholic beverage container” means a bottle, can, jar, or other receptacle that contains any amount of an alcoholic beverage and that is open or has a broken seal or the contents of which are partially removed.
(8) “Passenger area” means the area designed to seat the driver and passengers while a motor vehicle is in operation and any area that is readily accessible to the driver or a passenger while the driver or a passenger is seated in the vehicle, including an unlocked glove compartment.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.