(1) Except as provided in subsections (2) through (4), the department shall issue a registry identification card to an individual with a debilitating medical condition who submits the following, in accordance with department rules:
(a) an application on a form prescribed by the department;
(b) an application fee or a renewal fee;
(c) the individual's name, street address, and date of birth;
(d) proof of Montana residency;
(e) a statement that the individual will be cultivating marijuana and manufacturing marijuana-infused products for the individual's use or will be obtaining marijuana from a provider or a marijuana-infused products provider;
(f) a statement, on a form prescribed by the department, that the individual will not divert to any other individual the marijuana or marijuana-infused products that the individual cultivates, manufactures, or obtains for the individual's debilitating medical condition;
(g) the name of the individual's treating physician or referral physician and the street address and telephone number of the physician's office;
(h) the street address where the individual is cultivating marijuana or manufacturing marijuana-infused products if the individual is cultivating marijuana or manufacturing marijuana-infused products for the individual's own use;
(i) the name, date of birth, and street address of the person the individual has selected as a provider or marijuana-infused products provider, if any; and
(j) the written certification and accompanying statements from the individual's treating physician or referral physician as required pursuant to 50-46-310 .
(2) The department shall issue a registry identification card to a minor if the materials required under subsection (1) are submitted and the minor's custodial parent or legal guardian with responsibility for health care decisions:
(a) provides proof of legal guardianship and responsibility for health care decisions if the individual is submitting an application as the minor's legal guardian with responsibility for health care decisions; and
(b) signs and submits a written statement that:
(i) the minor's treating physician or referral physician has explained to the minor and to the minor's custodial parent or legal guardian with responsibility for health care decisions the potential risks and benefits of the use of marijuana; and
(ii) the minor's custodial parent or legal guardian with responsibility for health care decisions:
(A) consents to the use of marijuana by the minor;
(B) agrees to control the acquisition of marijuana and the dosage and frequency of the use of marijuana by the minor;
(C) agrees that the minor will use only marijuana-infused products and will not smoke marijuana;
(c) if the parent or guardian will be serving as the minor's provider, submits fingerprints to facilitate a fingerprint and background check by the department of justice and federal bureau of investigation. The parent or legal guardian shall pay the costs of the background check and may not obtain a license as a marijuana-infused products provider if the parent or legal guardian does not meet the requirements of 50-46-308 .
(d) pledges, on a form prescribed by the department, not to divert to any individual any marijuana cultivated for the minor's use in a marijuana-infused product.
(3) An application for a registry identification card for a minor must be accompanied by the written certification and accompanying statements required pursuant to 50-46-310 from a second physician in addition to the minor's treating physician or referral physician.
(4) An individual may not be a registered cardholder if the individual is in the custody of or under the supervision of the department of corrections or a youth court.
(5) A registered cardholder who elects to obtain marijuana from a provider or marijuana-infused products provider may not cultivate marijuana or manufacture marijuana-infused products for the cardholder's use unless the registered cardholder is the provider or marijuana-infused products provider.
(6) A registered cardholder may cultivate marijuana and manufacture marijuana-infused products as allowed under 50-46-319 only:
(a) at a property that is owned by the cardholder; or
(b) with written permission of the landlord, at a property that is rented or leased by the cardholder.
(7) No portion of the property used for cultivation of marijuana and manufacture of marijuana-infused products for use by the registered cardholder may be shared with or rented or leased to a provider, a marijuana-infused products provider, or a registered cardholder unless the property is owned, rented, or leased by cardholders who are related to each other by the second degree of kinship by blood or marriage.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.