Skip to main content

Montana Title 45. Crimes § 45-2-312. Accountability for conduct of corporation

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1) A person is legally accountable for conduct that is an element of an offense and that, in the name or in behalf of a corporation, the person performs or causes to be performed to the same extent as if the conduct were performed in the person's own name or behalf.

(2) An individual who has been convicted of an offense by reason of legal accountability for the conduct of a corporation is subject to the punishment authorized by law for an individual upon conviction of the offense although only a lesser or different punishment is authorized for the corporation.

Sec. 2. (a) A victim has the right to be informed, upon request, when a person who is:

(1) accused of committing;  or

(2) convicted of committing;

a crime perpetrated directly against the victim is released from custody or has escaped.

(b) Whenever a person accused or convicted of committing a crime is released or escapes from the custody of a mental health treatment agency or a hospital that is not operated by a county sheriff or the department of correction, the court committing the accused or convicted person to the mental health treatment agency or hospital shall carry out this section to inform the victim of the release or escape.  The mental health treatment agency or hospital shall provide the court with sufficient information about the release or escape to allow the court to carry out this section.

Cite this article: - Montana Title 45. Crimes § 45-2-312. Accountability for conduct of corporation - last updated April 27, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard